The most fundamental privacy principle we follow is that by default, anything you post to CLICpoint is private to your team. That is, viewing the messages and files shared within a specific CLICpoint requires authentication as an invited member of that CLICpoint.
eMedicus Limited is the custodian of data on behalf of the teams that use CLICpoint. We don’t own your communication data. The organisations that use CLICpoint own their own data. We have done our best to make the product easy to use and the privacy settings and invitation process simple to understand, to ensure transparency for all of our users.
Updated: February, 2016
This policy describes how CLICpoint treats your information, not how other organizations treat your information. If you are using CLICpoint in a workplace or on a device or account issued to you by your employer or another organization, that company or organization likely has its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, and retention of communications and content which may apply to your use of CLICpoint. Content that would otherwise be considered private to you or to a limited group of people may, in some cases, be accessible by your team owner or administrator. Please check with your employer, team owner or administrator about the policies it has in place regarding your communications and related content on CLICpoint.
CLICpoint must not be used for patient-identifiable information, as it isn’t and does not purport to be a patient record system.
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
1) Organisation information. When you create a new CLICpoint, we collect your email address (as the team administrator), your team name, CLICpoint domain (ex: your-team-name.CLICpoint.co.uk), your user name that appears across your CLICpoints, and a password. The only information we require to commencing creating your CLICpoint account is an email address. You are then invited to provide additional information as part of the set up process, some of which is a core component of your profile and some of which is optional. Your team owner(s)/administrator(s) may request you to provide additional information about yourself in your profile, and CLICpoint has no control over such additional information collected. Any information you add to your profile is visible to other people within the CLICpoints you have access to, but only if you decide to share this information with them, as described on your profile management page.
2) Billing information. If you purchase a premium version of CLICpoint, our third party payment processors will collect and store your billing address and credit card information.
3) Log data. When you use CLICpoint, our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to CLICpoint, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain message content and is not routinely deleted.
4) Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using CLICpoint on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
5) Content you post. This content can include messages, pictures, files and video among other types of files.
All data collected by CLICpoint is stored on UK based servers and complies with all UK data protection regulations.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer and from your computer to us, each time you visit our website. They are unique to your CLICpoint account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Some cookies are associated with your CLICpoint account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in and which CLICpoints you are logged into. Other cookies are not tied to your account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other similar things. If you access CLICpoint through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable all cookies you will not be able to use the service.
CLICpoint sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics on their website.
We use your information for the following:
1) Providing the CLICpoint service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver message content to you and from you.
2) Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to any particular user.
3) Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep CLICpoint secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
4) Communicating with you. Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns. We may send you service and administrative emails, such as when we notice that you are nearing a storage limit. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offerings and important service related notices, such as changes to this policy or security and fraud notices. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to our users about new product features or other news about CLICpoint, learning products available through CLICpoint and associated group products. You can opt-out of these at any time.
5) Sharing of your information. We never share your information beyond the privacy settings you have set in your profile or outside the eMedicus group of affiliated companies, which includes eMedicus Ltd, Academyst LLP, Grow Medical LLP, Insights Publishing Ltd and Progressence Ltd. We never sell your information and we never grant access to your information to any third party (except where a third party is a participant in your CLICpoint, controlled by your administrator, and you have set your privacy settings to the appropriate share setting). In plain English, we’re saying we don’t share your information outside of our own group.
When you use CLICpoint, you have control over a number of things with respect to your own privacy and choices about how your content is visible to others or not. If you are a CLICpoint owner or administrator, you have additional choices that impact your team's privacy. Some members will not have access to all of the same choices that their team owner(s) or administrator(s) do. That is because CLICpoint is set up to be team-oriented, and provides team owners with the maximum ability to control their team’s usage.
You may request a full backup of all of your CLICpoint data, including messages, files and other posted information. This data will be delivered in a standard format of our choice, and may be subject to an administration fee. Please contact us if you would like more information about this.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use CLICpoint after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.